January Fishing field report

29 Jan 2009 - Sealion Pond 1 - 3 hrs

Behold !!! My first catch in less than 3 minutes - Bawal ! and my first time to bring back 2 fishes - with Jenahak Merah !!!!! As I reach Pond 1, I check in counter and went to an available seat. Tie my pins and hooks and I cut up a few pieces of Ikan Kembong and hooked it ! Throw out the bait and reel in some line for line tension. Bring out my cigarette and put 1 in my mouth ... before I have the chance to light it up my rod is screaming !!!!!! I present you ......

Bawal - 800g

Jenahak Merah - 1.6 kg




















-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28 Jan 2009 - Sealion Pond 2 - 4 hrs

Non hooked at all !!! 1 real miss though. lol


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 Jan 2009 - Sealion Pond Port Klang 1 - 3 hrs

Second day and second time fishing with my new rod and reel. It's a Saturday afternoon and a friend decided wants to go fishing. We went to SL Pond 1 instead of SL Pond 2. Guess what ? This time I got a Bawal (Pomfret) and yes this fish gives a good fight !!! And my friend got a Jenahak Merah (angcho, John's snapper). Yippie !!!

Bawal - 700g

Jenahak Merah - 1.6 kg


















----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 Jan 2009 - Sealion Pond Port Klang 2 - 3 hrs

My first catch at Pond 2 !!! YAY ! The great thing is I bought my own rod and reel a day before and the first time using it I got a Siakap !!!

Barramundi - 2.2 kg ! Finally 1 type of fish from Sealion down !

















-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Jan 2009 - Prawn fishing - 3 hrs - Went with Zess and we got some 700g of tiger prawns.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 Jan 2009 - Prawn fishing - Planned Canceled


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Jan 2009 - Sea Lion Port Klang pay Pond 3 / Prawn fishing pond - 3:15 pam - 6:15 pm (3 hrs!)

- Me - 10 prawns only (this is very low rate) Misses/Off hooks - 4
- Maxine (my wife) - 1 prawn (first timer) Misses/Off hooks - 4

This is my first time prawn fishing after some 10 plus years and Maxine's first time! She thinks it's fun. I think it's OK as the catch rate is actually quite high, depending how skillful are you.

























-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 Jan 2009 - Sea Lion Port Klang pay Pond 2 - 12 am - 5 am package (5 hrs!)

- Me - 0 fish ! ... with a few misses and off hooks (sh!t lol) and lack of experience and fishing with a faulty old reel, sh!t but more confident on fishing techniques
- Friend - 1 siakap again (4.4kg!)


















-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Jan 2009 - Sea Lion Port Klang pay Pond 2 - 4 hrs

- Me - 0 fish ! i hope this doesn't continue !!! lol
- Friend - 0 fish !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 Jan 2009 - Sea Lion Port Klang pay Pond 2 - 4 hrs

- Me - 0 fish ! lol
- Friend - 1 siakap (sorry no photo)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my fishing trips report. You're welcome to join me.


Sea Lion Fishing Park - Port Klang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location : Sea Lion Fishing Park, Bagan Hailam, North Port, Port Kelang.Telephone : 03-31764355/4340
Location map : When you reach Port Klang ask any GUY above 30 ! lol or map

Available fish :-
Jenahak merah, Siakap, Bawal, Senangin Taiwan, Kaci, Kerapu and Buntek

Prawn fishing pond beside Pond 3

The cost to fish at Sea Lion is ...

Pond 1 and 2 - RM12 / hour,, minimum 3 hours (so RM 36)

Pond 4 and 5 - RM15 / hour, minimum 3 hours (so RM 45)

Prawn fishing pond - RM 12 / hour, 3 hours RM - 30 (no minimum)
Prawn rod rent - RM 3 per session, Bait - RM 3 per pack (can last minimum 5 hours!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pond 2

I've read from the net forum that some people suggest you use any 40lbs line with a 60lbs leader at this pond. Fish size ranges from 700grams - 2.5kg. The Jenahak merah (angcho) & Bawal gives a good fight! I personally witnessed and weighted a 4 kg siakap !!! (caught by my friend, not me :P)






3 Comments:

  1. LovelyCloth said...
    Hopefully today daren will get some fishes...
    DarenOng said...
    nope didn't get any ! lol
    Maxine said...
    Cant believe I am the one who fishing in the pond....The pond is so smelly...

Post a Comment